Asian Pear and Ginger Vinaigrette
This dressing is a little sweet from the miso and pear, and aromatic from the ginger and lime; pair it with something peppery, like radishes for dipping or a watercress salad.
- 1 2" piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ Asian pear, peeled, cored, cut into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon white peppercorns
Cook ginger and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ginger is golden, 10–15 minutes. Let cool. Strain ginger oil into a small bowl and set aside. Discard ginger.
Purée Asian pear, vinegar, miso, lime zest, and both peppercorns in a blender, scraping down sides of blender as needed, until smooth. With motor running, gradually add reserved ginger oil and blend until emulsified; season vinaigrette with salt.
DO AHEAD: Ginger oil can be made 1 week ahead; store airtight at room temperature. Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead; cover and chill.